The team at Simall Wines is proud to announce our recent success at the NSW Small Winemakers Wine Show.
The wine show is held in Forbes each year with entires open only to wineries that crush less than 500 tonnes of grapes from vineyards in New South Wales.
Simall Wines entered a small number of wines into the show. We received the following awards:
- Serra Vista Pinot Grigio – SILVER. Of the 18 wines entered into the class, only 4 received awards including ours. No gold medals were given and our Pinot Grigio was ranked the second highest scoring wine in the class. Judges noted that the top wines showed fresh fruit flavours and crunchy acidity (translating to ‘drinkability’).
- Serra Vista Shiraz Cabernet – BRONZE. This was a larger class with a range of wines and wine blends entered from Cabernet Merlots to Shiraz blends. 25 wines were judged and there were no gold medals were given. The judges awarded 3 silvers and 8 Bronze medals including ours). The wines the judges awarded displayed a good balance between oak and fruit flavour
- Take A Gander Shiraz Cabernet – BRONZE. Our wine was entered in the same class as the Serra Vista Shiraz Cabernet
Like to know more about the 2017 NSW Small Winemakers Show?
The 2017 NSW Small Winemakers Wine Show was again held in its traditional home, the town of Forbes, NSW, with entries open only to wineries that crush less than 500 tonnes of grapes from vineyards in New South Wales. Judging occurred during August with our judges this year from a number of wineries across NSW:
- JUDGES – The 4 Judges were Gwyn Olsen (Pepper Tree Wines, Pokolbin), Jacob Stein (Robert Stein Winery & Vineyard, Mudgee), Nick O’Leary (Nick O’Leary Wines, Bungendore) and Simon Killeen (Simao & Co, Rutherglen).
- ASSOCIATE JUDGES – The Judges were supported by 4 Associate Judges Lucy Maddox (Madrez Wine Services, Orange), Nadja Wallington (Phillip Shaw Wines, Orange), Trent Eacott (Mofro Wines, Moama) and Jeremy Nascimben (Calabria Family Wines, Griffith)
The Associate is there to learn and may help the judges when deliberating over a wine. The scores given by the Associate Judges don’t count towards the wines final score.
Find out more information http://nswwineshow.com.au/index.html